“I LOVE My Life Rulz!”
I have heard this from dozens of Chaplains over the last 5-6 years.
When I first began work on the Children’s Book I had a desire to equip Chaplains and Counsellors as well as families. It is proving to be the case.
My Life Rulz are 10 foundational assumptions that can be intentionally laid down as a building platform in the depths of a young mind to set it up for success and resilience, regardless of what life brings along the way.
As you engage with children you will see a lot already have faulty assumptions (poisons) being laid down and these resources are designed to help identify those and replace them with healthy assumptions (truth). Every child we have worked with so far has been able to ‘find themselves’ in the book somewhere, whether it is on a ‘poison’ page or a ‘truth’ page.
With these concepts you can trace a child’s lie (poison), face the lie (through discussion and identification of it) and replace the lie (with the insights from My Life Rulz by memorisation and/or grasping the concept).
Chaplain feedback we’re received:
- The children love it. They really relate to the illustrations.
- I have felt so powerless in the past but this has helped me to empower them regardless of their situation.
- It reassures me that I don’t have to have all the answers.
- It makes my job exciting because I want to get under the surface of the problem but am not trained to do that.
- I have had deep and meaningful discussions with so many girls and groups of girls around Rule 9 and 10. (Body image and confidence)
- It sticks – they remember the truth coaches and seem to grab them quickly.
- The kids ‘get it’ quickly and can identify the stink thinking that is causing trouble.
Most Chaplains begin with the Children’s Book with User Guide DVD and build up their resources over time by adding:-
- The Poster Book
- Truth Cards
- Powerpoint of the Children’s Book or -i-pad version
- One of the Primary Programs (often Middle Primary)
- The Song CD
- Downloads of activity sheets
Annual Digital Copyright License
This License gives ongoing copyright permission for you to continue using the resources year after year and print materials as necessary. It also entitles you to free updated digital resources and new resources at discounted rates. We also like to offer ongoing support via phone or face to face. This License costs $15AUD per year.