My Life Rulz are 10 foundational mental rules* to build emotional resilience.
My Life Rulz builds a healthy mind and can be grasped by children of all ages, cultures and aptitudes. Using a variety of media presentations this is encapsulated common sense at its best; simple, comprehensive and profound and can be grasped in just minutes.
Resourcing families and communities; My Life Rulz reaches into the depths of the mind to unearth the toxic thinking. ‘Stinking thinking’ that causes stress, anxiety, depression and suicide along with the many other aliments that hinder our young and increasingly older people today. Easy to use and no training needed. My Life Rulz uses a powerful technique of trace, face and replace. Tracing the thinking to its root, facing the root assumption and replacing it with truth and insight giving hope to those once struggling to find any. In a world of chaos, where ‘feelings’ rule and fear is reigning, My Life Rulz brings light into the lives of those using these powerful resources.
10 My Life Rulz Emotional Resilience Foundations
- I belong here. I do belong.
- I can get used to this place and still grow.
- I deserve to feel safe and loved – always.
- Sometimes life is good and fair. Sometimes it’s not.
- All my choices matter. They all have consequences.
- God does care about me, even when it doesn’t seem like it.
- It isn’t just what happens to me that matters but how I choose to think about it.
- Everything can be talked about and most things can be sorted out.
- Comparing myself to others is out of bounds in my thoughts.
- I matter. I am valuable. I am okay and so are others.
Tested and developed by the authors over many thousands of hours of counselling clinical practice in both New Zealand and Australia. My Life Rulz comes as part of the larger Living Wisdom Library of Counselling resources. Emotional resilience
“One dreams of what a better world this place would be if all our children had received the benefit of committing My Life Rulz to memory before the age of 10 years. But what better time to begin the vision than now? We commend it to you with hope and prayer that it will find a vital place in the hearts and lives of our most precious resource – our children”. Emotional resilience
David J Riddell, Living Wisdom, Nelson, NZ.
* RULZ – Not rules as such, rather they are read as principles to guide ones life by. By nature, rules are inflexible and seek to control thinking. Rulz however, seek to guide ones thinking and enhance ones ability to live well.